Problem: How do I detect and configure a keyboard in solaris

I was looking at your tutorial in the link below:
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-non-U.S.-keyboard-layout

My problem is in the first step of 4.1.2, once that I didn't know how to
detect the keyboard as you said in the especific topic (4.1.2).
I'm using windows and share interface of solaris. In windows the keyboard
is detected, but in the other this don't happend!

I looked at the configuration of the keyboard in windows configuration I
found this:
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft PS/2 Keyboard

The problem is when I try to write "Ã" , "Â" , "`" and "^" in the solaris
interface.

Can you show me how to provide a correct configuration for the keyboard in
this situation, or detect it correctly?

Thanks for the atention,

Pedro Henrique Pimenta Parreira
Federal University of Minas Gerais (Brazil)