From: Jon TURNEY [mailto:jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:39 AM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Cc: Van Zandt, Jim
Subject: Re: white windows

> Does anyone know why -multiplemonitors isn't the default?

I'm guessing you are using -multiwindow mode.  In which case, the
-multimonitors/-multiplemonitors should be on by default

Perhaps the problem you are seeing is that Cygwin/X doesn't know about
changes
to the size of the Windows virtual desktop, so if you add an additional

monitor (or change your display resolution to a higher one) after X is
started, windows moved into the added area of the virtual desktop don't
have
any shadow framebuffer to store their contents, so are drawn white?