Re: nedit gives X-error of failed request - also issues with (x)emacs

Hello again,

Thanks for the help and feedback so far. However, I am still
struggling with the keyboard issue, i.e. I cannot use it in any editor
after updating the X11 package earlier this week. I have just updated
once more (reinstalling the X11 package), rebooted, but that did not
help either. I also ran "ash" and did /bin/rebaseall, but that did not
change. I have no Microsoft Services for Unix installed either. The
tmp/XWin.log looks similar as the one I sent two days ago.

I am no expert whatsoever as I use cygwin as an extremely useful tool
rather than a developer, so I would highly appreciate if someone could
point me how I can sort this out in an easy way, by either suggestions
to correct it or by steps to take to go back to the previous version.
That would be highly apprciated ! From the reports, it seems that many
people have issues after updating. As mentioned, updates typically go
very smooth with cygwin, except this time for me.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
With best regards / Vennlig hilsen
Maarten