Re: libXaw8 replacement

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, Ken Brown wrote:

On 11/14/2008 1:20 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

BTW, this looks like the package is using a VERY old version of libtool.
 I strongly recommend using the current version, which generally can be
pulled in with autoreconf.

I tried autoreconf --force in the top-level source directory of texlive and got several warnings and one error:

configure:5043: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DIVERT_HELP

I assume I have to say 'm4_pattern_allow AC_DIVERT_HELP' somewhere, but where?

How important is it to run autoreconf? Could the fact that the package uses an old version of libtool explain the segfault that I reported in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2008-11/msg00214.html ?

no - it's one of the changes made to autoconf, rather than libtool

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net