WMaker compile

Hello,

let first start by introducing myself: I'm a long time linux user, and tired
of rebooting the home machine because childrens can't play Zoo Tycon under
linux. I've just fiddled a bit with WindowMaker, and finally compiled the
latest version, 0.92. It ran out of the box, configured as

CC=gcc-4 CPP=cpp-4 CXX=g++-4 ../configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/sbin --localstatedir=/var --datadir=/usr/share --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-gnustepdir=/usr/lib/GNUstep/System

Two explanations:
1) the path reflect the way there are setup in the corresponding debian package
2) I compiled it under gcc-4

In order to make it run:
1) create a ~/.xserverrc file with
export CYGWIN=server
exec X :0

This ensures the X server starts with the MIT-SHM ewtension enabled, run
'cygserver-config' once to have the required service enabled under Windows

2) launch wmaker at the end of .xinitrc as
exec env CYGWIN=server LANG=fr_BE.UTF-8 wmaker

This ensures that wmaker can access shared memory from the client side
So ... it works. I used it with Belgian french locales.

I would like to share the new wmaker package. To this
end I tried to install it locally as
make PREFIX=/usr/src/WindowMaker-0.92.0/package/ install

but the package ended up being installed under /usr

Could someone tell me how to generate a package under cygwin ? Where should
I sent it to have it included in the cygwin distribution ? Which compiler
should I use ? gcc-3 ? MingGW ? gcc-4 ?

Regards

Pascal Dupuis

--
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for
the first time.