Re: X, backingstore and opengl

Jon TURNEY wrote:

I'm sorry, your our previous mail hadn't really made it clear to me that there was problem with glxgears etc.

Just for my comprehension, can you explain again what happens if you run glxinfo and glxgears on 1.5.3-4.

Really, in my posts, I never cited 'glxgears', 'glxinfo' etc. Sincerely, I do not know what they are...

I have written:

1. Adding +bs at command line which starts XWin (in startxwin.bat) and
then trying to run some ROOT macro (hsimple.C etc.) both ROOT and
XWin-1.5.3-4 (from [1]) segfault. Using YOUR XWin with debug info etc.,
ROOT, hsimple.C etc. work fine, i.e. NO segfault etc.

2. Adding +bs at command line which starts XWin (in startxwin.bat) and
then trying to run some ROOT OPENGL macro (geom/shapes.C, for example
see [2]) then the macro fails to be excuted (see [2]), but it works if I
omit '+bs' OR if I use the workaround described here [3] OR if I use
YOUR debug XWin.exe!

MAY YOU try [1] with the steps described in [2] and confir/or not the
segfaults?

Cheers, Angelo.

---
[1]
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/release/X.Org/xorg-server/xorg-server-1.5.3-4.tar.bz2

[2] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2008-11/msg00332.html
[3] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2008-11/msg00017.html