assertion "!c->xlib.lock" failed

I didn't find any posts on the Cygwin mailing lists regarding this
issue, so I'm not sure if anyone else has dealt with it.  I've had
this issue for a while now (likely after an X upgrade) where Nedit
would exit completely with an assert after trying to CTRL-V paste into
it:

    assertion "!c->xlib.lock" failed: file
"/usr/src/ports/xorg/libxcb/libxcb-1.1-2/src/libxcb-1.1/src/xcb_xlib.c",
line 73
    Aborted (core dumped)

It's possible that I might have some weird configuration that's
causing the problem, but I did see that the same assert occurs with
graphical Java apps on a lot of newer Linux distributions that utilize
recent versions of xcb.  The solution for the Linux problems, which is
just an environment setting appears to work just as well with
Cygwin-X:

    export LIBXCB_ALLOW_SLOPPY_LOCK=1

If others are having the same issue, it might be useful to add it to
the Cygwin-X FAQ.  That was the first place that I looked.