Re: Using xfs but still get "Missing charsets" warnings.

JOEL.MOOTS@L-3com.com wrote:
I am starting Cygwin/X via the startxdmcp.bat file with the command:
XWin -query %REMOTE_HOST% -nodecoration -lesspointer -fp
tcp/%REMOTE_HOST%:7000 -once -clipboard
going to HP-UX 11.11 with dtlogin. Everything seems fine until I go to
launch various apps, at which point I get errors like:

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface
user-medium-r-normal-m*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontSet
Warning: Cannot convert string "6x13" to type FontStruct

These are only warnings, not errors.

Do the applications not work, or do they just not use the fonts you are expecting?

"Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion" is a bit of a poor message as it doesn't say which charsets are missing, despite the fact the bit of code emitting it knows exactly :-(

This very likely is a locale issue, so can you say what the setting of LANG in both your cygwin environment and the HP-UX one is?

So, I'm at a loss. The funny thing is that if I use an old (XFree86)
version of Cygwin/X, it works fine, without any font warnings.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,