XWin with "rootless" option crashes on Vista

Hello All,

I had been using Cygwin with ICEWM on my XP box for sometime. I moved to
("asked" to move to) Vista recently and I installed Cygwin and compiled
ICEWM on my box. My problem is that, I am able to run startxwin.bat with the
"multiwindow" option, but not with the "rootless" or "fullscreen" option
since XWin just crashes. I understand that files have been modified in the
new Cygwin, so I stuck to making changes in the .bat file only. I tried
running startx too, but not with much avail.

In short, running startxwin.bat with XWin-multiwindow starts the X Server
and I am able to launch newer xterms. If I remove the multiwindow option
altogether or change it with rootless (ideal for me since I want to run a
different window manager) or fullscreen, XWin crashes.

I understand that there are a few applications that cause strange issues
with cygwin and I seem to have one such on my box (Logitech's webcam
package). I would be glad with any advice on this issue. I looked through
the forums, but I haven't been able to find a thread that matches my
problem.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Rincewind