Re: X / gtk-x11 / flicker and other problems

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon TURNEY"
Subject: Re: X / gtk-x11 / flicker and other problems

At the moment, -multiwindow mode always selects the GDI engine for reasons which are lost in the mists of time (rooted modes are able to use DirectDraw), so a GDI BitBlt is used to transfer the contents of the shadow buffer to the display.

Jon - did I understand you correctly here?  Are you saying that there's an
alternative mode I could try that should give me better performance (even
though it might be limited to just one monitor)?  If so, how do I need to
call Xwin to work in a rooted mode?

Thanks,

John