Re: X / gtk-x11 / flicker and other problems [+PATCH]

John Emmas wrote:
Okay, I fixed those problems and the build appeared to go okay, following
these instructions (for a Standard build) but adding --disable-xv at the
configure stage:-

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/prog-build-native.html

I then got to the next stage which is to try running the local build.  I
issued this command:-

hw/xwin/XWin -multiwindow -multiplemonitors -clipboard -silent-dup-error

but got a message box saying "A fatal error has occured and Cygwin/X will
now exit. Please open /usr/var/log/XWin %s.log for more information"

However, there's no such folder on my system. I do have a folder called
/var/log/ but the most recent file in it is dated about an hour ago... :-(

I guess you need to either create that directory so it can write to it, or add -with-log-dir=/var/log to ./configure

Alternatively, running with CYGWIN=tty will allow XWin to write to stdout successfully.

Simply issuing 'hw/xwin/XWin' gives me the same problem. Also (this may be
significant) my new XWin.exe (weighing in at just under 9Mb) is about double
the size of the previous one.

That sounds about right for an unstripped XWin.exe built with debugging symbols.