From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of Mike Ayers
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:50 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Reproducing the cygwin X problems

	Lately, I have been having problems with the cygwin X server and
cut-n-paste.  I have reported a connection to vncclient (RealVNC) - in
fact, I don't recall having problems with vncclient not running.  These
days I use one or the other - so far, so good.

	Unfortunately, though, I am in the habit of cutting and pasting
between vncclient and cygwin X, so if I can be of any tracking the
problem down, please let me know.

	If I have vncclient and an xterm running, simply selecting text
on the xterm is sufficient to cause the problem, which I confirm by
raising the xterm over the vncclient, then clicking the vncclient to
raise it (it then exhibits responsiveness problems).

	Today I noticed a new problem, which may or may not be related:

[SNIP]
mike-ayers-lap> ssh -Y -l mayers mikeayers-linux-2
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11
forwarding.
Last login: Thu Feb 19 11:54:55 2009 from 192.168.2.87
mikeayers-linux-2> export DISPLAY=192.168.2.87:0
mikeayers-linux-2> xterm
Xlib: connection to "192.168.2.87:0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified

xterm Xt error: Can't open display: 192.168.2.87:0
mikeayers-linux-2>
[/SNIP]

	This same technique used to work.  The only changes I have made
since it last worked was (1) update cygwin, including X, and (2) add "
-- -multiwindow -clipboard" to my invocation of startx (I used to get
those by default).

	Let me know if you have trouble reproducing this.

	HTH,

Mike