Re: rgb.txt not honored in X7?

Mike Ayers wrote:
From where? I believe this should be ~/.Xdefaults, but
the nature of cygwin can make ~ an indefinite place for startup files. I set %HOME%, which becomes $HOME to what will be ~, but if I put

>"XTerm*toolbar: false" in $HOME/.Xdefaults I still have toolbars on my xterms.

Case is signficant. Try "XTerm*toolBar: false"

That worked, but not immediately. I still don't know wether I am trying to put it into .Xdefaults, or what directory that would go in (Windows default home or %HOME%), or whether the file should actually be named .Winrc, as implied by the tray icon (sometimes).

.XWinrc controls the contents of the X server tray icon menu (amongst other things), and is described by 'man XWinrc'

It has nothing to do with X resources. If you can point out what text is causing you that confusion, I will correct it.