RE: "-query" not working on cygwin/windows

http://www.starnet.com/xwin32kb/What_ports_need_to_be_opened_for_XDMCP/
> this source.
>
> I'm about out of ideas. I love to hear some more.

Perhaps you missed my suggestions here:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-02/msg00222.html

Try the telnet check first to see if the port is accessible from Windows
because that only takes a few seconds.  (Make sure you run the cygwin
telnet.exe)

> I don't know how firewalls work but on the linux host side (CentOS)
> simplyturning off the firewall did not open the ports. I had to turn
> the firewall on and specify which ports to open. Otherwise no
computers
> could connect via xdmcp over the network.

I've not used CentOS, but other distros I've used start with a default
set of firewall rules that just block all externally initiated
connections.  Turning off the firewall actually leaves those rules in
force.  Turning on the firewall enables more complex rules.  If they
didn't do this, then you'd be wide open to attack before you'd
configured
the system.  You can disable the firewall completely, but I think it
would be irresponsible to post how here.  If you must, man iptables is
your friend.

Phil
--

This email has been scanned by Ascribe PLC using Microsoft Antigen for Exchange.