Re: commnd line parameter -nolisten is incompatible wih -multiwindow ?

ludo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't start XWin with both -nolisten and -multiwindow parameter
> Is this a bug or a ... feature ?
>
> $ XWin :0 -multiwindow -nolisten tcp
> [...]
>
> of course "XWin :0 -multiwindow" works fine
>
> Any suggestion ?

XWin -multiwindow or -clipboard will not be compatible with -nolisten tcp, as those options start clients (the Windows window manager integration window manager and the clipboard integration, respectively) which expect to be able to connect to the X server via TCP.

I suppose this is a bug, in the sense that we ought to detect the incompatible arguments and terminate with an error, but anyone using -nolisten tcp should, I hope, be able to interpret the output from the server (saying "I tried to connect to 127.0.0.1:0.0 and failed") to work out what the problem is :-)