cygwin Xserver issues

I keep getting this error:
sjain@dksjdksj~
$ startx
xauth: creating new authority file /cygdrive/c/Documents and
Settings/samitj/.se
rverauth.8172

giving up.
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

I just upgraded my cygwin installation of X-server and I am doomed. Nothing
is working. I am unable to start xserver. Sometimes it starts and crashes
immediately. It does not start in multiple windows as it used it in the
previous version. I'm also not able to copy paste between windows and unix
applications.

Please advise. I just want to type 'startx' and it should work as before.

I have tried numerous re-installations (about 20) but nothing is working..

Please help..

Sam