Problem starting X as user

Hi,

I installed cygwin today and I have problems is starting X as a user.
Installation was done as Admin - and I can open X-Windows shells and programs as administrator. But when I try the same as Windows user I get error messages.
Unfortunately, my UNIX knowledge is quite outdated - but I guess it might be a problem with user rights.
I tried "chmod 1777 /tmp" but that didn't help. Before I search for ages - maybe someone knows a quick solution.

Thanks,
Michael

XWin.0.log reads:

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 1.5.3.0 (20090222)
Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
XWin was started with the following command line:

/usr/bin/XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 1024
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning

Fatal server error:
Could not create server lock file: /tmp/.X0-lock