Re: can't open Xterm

dingyang wrote:
Hi, All:

I just installed cygwin using setup.exe under WinXP operation system, but I can't start X Windows. I've checked and even reinstall X11 again. When I try, I get a pop-up that says:

A fatal error has occurred and Cygwin/X will now exit. Please open /tmp/XWin.log for more information.

Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project Release: 1.5.3.0

This log file doesn't correspond to the X server version your cygcheck output says you have.

Contact: cygwin-xfree@... Xwin was started with the following command-line:

/usr/bin/Xwin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error

Please post the /var/log/Xwin.0.log from trying workaround #1 ('-nolock') from FAQ 3.4

The problem reported in file /var/log/XWin.0.log is "Can't read lock file /tmp/.X0-lock"

I have tried to apply the solutions in the FAQ page (FAQ 3.4), but they
do not work. The attchment is system report.
Could any one help me with this problem? Thanks in advance.