Re: Windows 7 RC1 and Cygwin 1.7

4) In multiwindow, if two programs overlap, then Aero Peek will show the correct shape for each window but the contents of one window superimposed on the other in their stacking order.

Yes, I've seen the same behaviour with the TaskSwitchXP alt+tab replacement.
This is a consequence of the way multiwindow mode is currently implemented: everything is drawn onto a shadow framebuffer, and then areas from that are drawn into native windows when they are exposed. This means that we can only correctly draw the contents of the X window at the top of the Z-order stack (as this may be occluding other X windows). There are probably solutions to this.

Forgive me for being rather too terse, but I am not sure what those solutions might be. I think those solutions involve using the rootless extension (perhaps) or composite (definitely) to gain access to the bitmap for each window independently.