Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct, was: post-upgrade problems

Tom Roche Mon, May 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM
>>> After upgrading from X 6.8.99.901-1 to 7.4-1, I had font problems,
>>> but could launch an xterm from the new cygwin. After attempting to
>>> fix that by installing fonts, I cannot launch an xterm

Jon TURNEY Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:48 PM (heavily edited)
>> http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-how-do-i-get-rid-of-xterm-menu

>> http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html#q-where-are-my-fonts

Thanks: those (and fiddling) have solved most of my problems. The one
annoyance that remain is this:

Despite installing package=font-misc-misc (recommended by

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=nil2

) via setup.exe, everytime I start an xterm I get

> Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct

This doesn't seem to cause any functional problem, it just annoys.
(I.e. I hafta hit Enter to get my prompt back.) Uninstalling and
reinstalling font-misc-misc (via setup.exe) was no fix. Any
suggestions?

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>