Re: fastpath 0 -> xterm?

On 29/06/2009 19:29, Tom Roche wrote:
Since I'm not seeing this in the FAQ, I wanted to propose the
following item: what would be required to go "from zero to xterm"?
I.e. from a Cygwin-less windows box (windows>= 2k) to getting a
Cygwin/X xterm up on one's screen?

 From my recent experience, it seems to me the "minimal install"
would be

0<whatever setup.exe wants to install by default/>
1 font-misc-misc
2 font-alias
3 ncurses
4 xinit
5 xterm

I've adjusted the package dependencies for xterm so now the needed things to start it without warnings should be installed automatically

Perhaps someone else can test the following underdetailed (fastpath/
debug-free) 10-step procedure to "go from zero to xterm":

Yes, as pointed out elsewhere, something like this is probably most appropriate in the Cygwin/X User's Guide. Patches welcome :-)