Re: [1.7] XWin still fails with SunOS 10

On 12/07/2009 13:13, Jon TURNEY wrote:
On 07/07/2009 21:36, jose isaias cabrera wrote:
I updated from the old cygwin to the new 1.7 by installing the new
1.7 in
c:\cygwinx directory. The reason why was because I wanted to see if a
problem that I previously had was fixed with a SunOS 10 server. When
I run
this command,

XWin -once -query <IP>

XWin.0.log:
XWin was started with the following command line:

X :0

Hmmm.... are you sure that is the right log? :-)(pr

Ah, in addition to an Xwin.0.log which actually corresponds to the command you are using, the contents of /var/dt/Xerrors on the Solaris machine may prove informative as well.

It seems that Sun have fixed the brain-damage in their website which was previously preventing me from downloading Solaris 10, so I now have a Solaris 10 Update 7 (5/09) VM to do some testing with.

Unfortunately, while I did find a few issues (patches to follow), I'm not able to reproduce the one you see: XWin -query <IP> starts up an XDMCP session for me and I can log in successfully.