Why is remote client being rejected? AUDIT: XWin: client 4 rejected from IP 192.168.3.3

Yes I've read the FAQ -- it doesn't help. Is says:

The problem is most likely a wrong DNS (Network name resolution). Make sure your windows host has a hostname which is valid from linux too and an IP address which linux can resolve to that hostname. --- What DNS resolution?

If you add a line

192.168.26.1 myhost

to /etc/hosts on the XDMCP server with the IP address and the hostname of your windows host the name resolution should work.

XDMCP server? I'm not trying to connect to an XDMP server.

I'm trying to open
'xosview&'
on a remote host with DISPLAY=mycywin-window-machine:0.0
(or machine:0), neither work.
Yes I export the variable on the remote machine or I wouldn't be getting
the rejected message in my local cygwin XWin /var/log/XWin.0.log file.

It =works= if I let it connect through my 'ssh' connection but that's really connecting back to ssh on the cygwin machine and connecting, AFAIK,
via the local socket or local host.

I wanted to try connecting NOT through my ssh connection  so I could close the
ssh connection and have the remote xosview continue running.

Thanks for ideas...
Linda