Problem with Alt-key not being recognized after X Server window loses focus

Hi,

Recently the X11 server window stopped recognizing the 'Alt' key after I changed focus to another Windows XP window. When I start the X Server (xinit), the system recognizes when I press down 'Alt'. However if I then just click outside the X server window on the Windows XP desktop, and then back to the X server window, 'Alt' stops working. (I'm running fvwm and use Alt-mouse-1 to move windows. This works fine until focus is lost for the first time.)

I don't know exactly when this started, but I've updated cygwin with the latest X packages and the problem still persists. I am running Windows XP on a Thinkpad T60p. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
           Davison