Re: xauth data + X connection to localhost:10.0 broken problem

On 30/09/2009 10:51, Florent Fievez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It means that ssh does not found xauth binary. To get it working, try
> adding to your ~/.ssh/config a line like :
>
> Host *
>          XAuthLocation /usr/bin/xauth

For the record, I believe this is a red herring. There was a brief interval when we had a bug which meant that xauth wasn't where ssh expected to find it, but that should be resolved long ago.

I think that "Warning: no xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding" is also generated if your Xserver wasn't started with -auth (and so has no authentication cookie for ssh to forward), and is nothing to be concerned about in that case.