RE: Problem with new xinit - console window doesn't open (but bash starts)

	They're not strict dependencies - a UTF-8 based locale has more requirements than other locales due to its ability to represent so many scripts.  Also, the server won't fail for lack of those fonts, rather it will exhibit occasional unnecessary lags.

	That said, I favor setting the packages as dependencies, as they're ever more likely to see a bit of use.

	$.02 (and not a red cent more),

Mike