Re: checkX problems

Charles Wilson wrote:
Lothar Brendel wrote:
It should list, but it doesn't:

$ grep -A9 '@ run2' setup-2.ini
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^
                   This was the clue.

As it happens, the union mount stuff had an override for setup.hint,
but not the entire directory.  So, the tarballs themselves magically
"showed up" in the release-2 area when I installed them in the
release/ area, but release-2 retained the old setup.hint.  Fixed.

ACK. libustr1 was pulled in now.

Unfortunately the situatiuon with ``startxwin.bat'' is worse now:

* ``checkX -t 12'' still doesn't wait (?!?)
* After again inserting a sleep between checkXing and starting the xterm, the latter is marginally successful: The process is shown as running but no xterm is showing up :-(

I really would investigate this further, but I only get diagnostic output from ``checkX'' (--verbose or --debug) when running it from within an xterm, and that's obviously pointless.

Thus, how to obtain output from ``checkX`` in Windows' Command Prompt, how to get it in Cygwin's "bash window"?

Asks
       Lothar