Re: Can't start xterm from Cygwin/X icon in system tray

On 30/12/2009 11:07, Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
I do not have a ~/.startxwinrc file.  The xterm that is supposed to be
created when the server starts doesn't start either.

The symptom is that xterm.exe is shown running in the task manager,
but there is no Xterm window on the desktop.

This sounds like it has nothing to do with startxwin. I can't reproduce this, but do any of the following help:

1) creating a ~/.startxwinrc containing just "xterm &"?

2) changing that .startxwinrc to "run xterm"?

3) setting LANG=en_US.ISO-8859-1 ?

4) installing the font-daewoo-misc, font-isas-misc, and font-jis-misc packages?

Yaakov Cygwin/X