Re: Alt key not recognized as Meta in xterm

Thanks Andy, your explanation was extremely helpful. For the longest
time it was unclear whether the Alt key issue was related to
LANG/LC_*, readline / .inputrc, xterm, X resources, or something else
entirely. ASCII is much simpler :-) At any rate, things are good now.

FWIW, on my Linux box running Slackware64 and twm, I changed LANG from
the default en_US to to en_US.UTF-8. This caused the same issue as on
Cygwin, and the same .Xdefaults entry fixed it.

Gary