From: "Mark Veneziano" <mark@alnmark.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 9:22 PM
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Subject: Cygwin/X 1.7 keyboard/mouse freeze shortly after Xwin login to Solaris

I am having a problem similar to the one mentioned by Tony Bennett in a
couple of messages to this list back in January.

I use XWin -query to establish an XDMCP connection to a Solaris 10 host
(Tony's was AIX). I log in to Solaris CDE without any issues. Then as soon
as I open and close one of the CDE "panels", XWin no longer responds to
keystrokes or mouse clicks. Moving the mouse around works fine, and
hovering the mouse over a window with a tooltip (for example the perfmeter)
still causes the tooltip to be displayed, but clicking and keystrokes are
ignored. The only recourse is to terminate XWin from the X icon in the
system tray or from Task Manager.

As an experiment, I tried running GNOME rather than CDE as my desktop
session, and that worked a little better, but as soon as I started a
Motif-based application (IBM/Rational Apex Ada development environment), the
keyboard and mouse clicks died again.

Running CDE and Apex on the same Solaris box via Cygwin/X 1.5 works
flawlessly. This problem only started occurring with 1.7. I even tried
compiling xorg-xserver 1.7.4.0 from source to see if there was a problem
specific to 1.7.3.0, but it behaved the exact same way.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Mark