Re: How do I start WM?

Hi Holger;

> 1. Do you have a .xinitrc in your home directory? (try ls -la )
> If so, delete it.

  I do not have a ~/.xinitrc in either /home/kwolcott

> 2. Will it start if you manually enter startx in a cygwin shell?

  I was able to start twm using startx without any problem, but I
would like have KDE (yes I know it is much more heavy than twm)
  I would like to use some KDE-based utilites (konsole and that time
manager I keep forgetting the name of);

> 2. If you don't change /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc, can you start the X Server
> with startx using twm?

Yes.

I thought I had *everything* that comes with Cygwin 1.7 -- how do I prove that?

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott