Re: fvwm2 and startxwin

On 01/03/2010 22:16, Stephen More wrote:
Let me ask this question to clarify things:

multiwindow mode (startxwin) -- Is this the same thing as "--rootless"

http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/configure.html#configure-cygwin-x-windowing-modes

I read the thread, and there is alot about changing .xinitrc to add a
window manager.
But I did not read how to add a window manager to .startxwinrc or a parameter.

I need to run fvwm rootless like:
http://x.cygwin.com/screenshots/cygx-rootless-fvwm2-20031224-0010.png

Start the x server using 'startx -- -rootless' and start fvwm2 from your .xinitrc file (typically by making 'exec fvwm2' the last line. NB this does not end with an '&')

If you aren't interested in starting other programs from your .xinintrc, you can just do 'startx fvwm2 -- -rootless' for the all in one solution :-)