Re: 1.7.2: ssh -X unresponsive until xauth PPID killed

2010/3/29 Mark McConnell <markd.mcconnell@gmail.com>:
> I turned off Data Execution Protection for all except crucial Windows
> programs, and the XWin problems I described were resolved.
>
> Thanks for your patience,
>
> Mark
> --

I discovered afterward that this is related to FAQ #14.  This Server
2008 is running Terminal Services, and that is the key fact.

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.setup.html#faq.setup.setup-fails-on-ts

I'm sorry that faq escaped my attention.  I didn't recognize the
connection, since I set up Cygwin on a local console, not through
Terminal Services; but now the relationship is obvious to me.

Mark