Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to windows 7 and am therefore reinstalling cygwin/x11
after a long time.  On XP I would start xterm from the startxwin.bat file.
I am experiencing trouble starting with the startxwin executable which is
the new recommended startup method as well as afew other issues:

(1) When I try to start from /cygwin/bin/startxwin.exe I get an error
message through cygwin.  I can get the xterm to start from going to "XWin
Server" in start menu (which isn't so bad) but sometimes it only starts the
server as opposed to starting the server + opening xterm window.  Is there a
way to click on one of the programs and get the xterm to pop up
automatically like with startxwin.bat?

(2) One problem is that I don't have a .startxwinrc yet.  I was hoping
someone can recommend how I would translate my startxwin.bat into the
.startxwinrc?  I had the startxwin.bat set up so that it would have a black
background, be of a certain size, etc.  I tried just copying my
startxwin.bat as .startxwinrc but that didn't work.  I used the following
command in startxwin.bat to set the xterm perferences:

run xterm -s1 1000 -sb +tb -rightbar -fg white -bg black -geometry 115x65
-ls -e /usr/bin/bash -l

(3) I installed the openssh package through setup but when I try to run the
'ssh' command I get that the program does not exist.  Why might this happen?

Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
ScKaSx

(3)