Re: Font change in Gnu emacs/X11 following upgrade

On 29/04/2010 19:05, Ken Brown wrote:
[This should have gone to the cygwin-xfree list.  I've set the reply-to
accordingly.]

On 4/29/2010 1:55 PM, Marc Girod wrote:

Hello,

I just upgraded for the first time for a few months.
Starting my Gnu emacs under X11, I notice that my font (and frames) is
larger than previously, by a factor ~1.5.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28403800/cygcheck.100429 cygcheck.100429

This is a result of the change in the default server DPI announced in

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree-announce/2010-04/msg00000.html

You can set the X server dpi back to 75 dpi by adding the option '-dpi 75' to the command used to start the X server.

Or since the the default value is now inherited from Windows, you can use the Windows control panel display applet to set the system dpi to 75, if you want consistently tiny fonts on across all applications :-)

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer