Can't "alt-tab" to Xterm window

If I switch away from my xterm window (alt-tab), and then try to
switch back, nothing happens. I have to right-click on the title of
the window in the taskbar, which usually activates the window and
brings it to the font. It happens pretty consistently so I was
wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?

Thanks,
Craig