Bug or WAD? Midnight Commander F10 different in xterm than native or rxvt

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but if it is not please advise me where to send it.

Midnight Commander exits with F10, and in a native bash window or rxvt F10 exits to the last directory viewed.  In an xterm though, it exits to the original directory from which MC was started.

Do you think this a bug in MC or is it WAD?  If you think it's a bug in MC I will gladly debug it myself, I just want to know if it's WAD for xterm's first.

I am using a fresh cygwin + cygwin/X install on WinXP SP3, and I will supply the usual problem report documentation if needed to answer my question.

Regards,

Peter