Re: changing font

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, matias kaukonen wrote:

1. Could someone pls post instructions about how to reply to an existing post.
2. I have a font I'd like to use and its located at
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF with
administrator permissions.
3. How can I make this font the default for an xterm?  Do I have to
set the path in
some manner?

You have to tell xterm to use the font by setting some resource values. One is the name of the font, which you may be able to find using fc-list (that would be the "faceName" resource), and the other is the renderFont resource, set that to true to tell xterm to use TTF's rather than bitmap fonts by default.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net