Re: Bug or WAD? Midnight Commander F10 different in xterm than native or rxvt

On 09/07/2010 07:58, Marco Atzeri wrote:
--- Ven 9/7/10, Larry Hall ha scritto:

On 7/8/2010 10:35 PM, Peter Farley
wrote:
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this
question, but if it is
not please advise me where to send it.

Midnight Commander exits with F10, and in a native
bash window or rxvt F10
exits to the last directory viewed. In an xterm
though, it exits to the
original directory from which MC was started.

on my Win-XP SP2 under cygwin/X MC with F10 exits in the current directory

Peter,
as mc is an alias
alias mc='. /usr/share/mc/bin/mc-wrapper.sh'

I guess that under X this wrapper is working
differently than under console

Perhaps more likely, the alias isn't setup by the shell init scripts under xterm because of the way the xterm was started (which the OP hasn't said) (but is being setup for cmd.exe or rxvt)

Note that it's impossible for mc to change the current directory of the parent shell without this alias.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer