Re: Mouse offset when using java swing based gui applications

On 13/07/2010 22:56, Jonas Winkler wrote:
I just noticed a very strange behaviour of my Cygwin/X-setup. I have a
laptop running Debian 5.0 and openssh-server 1.5.1. My windows7 x64
machine is running cygwin 1.7.5 and cygwin/x 1.8.0 (fresh installation).
I'm using ssh and x forwarding to use gui applications - especially
Netbeans 6.9 - on my windows machine.

So far, all X applications run fine on windows. Using Netbeans is
somewhat weird. After startup, i can use the menues, edit code, etc. But
as soon as I change the window position (moving, maximizing) of
Netbeans, it seems as if the position of the window actually does not
change. Clicking works, but selecting a menu item not. I need to click
and hold on the menu item, drag the mouse to the position where the menu
would be before moving the window and then release it.

Same goes for code completition windows - they pop up where they should
be before moving the window.

I investigated a bit more and build a very basic Java gui application
using swing (same library used by netbeans to display gui elemets) and
the problem persists. As said before other applications (tested:
gnome-terminal, gedit and nautilus) just work fine. So this is a
swing-related rather than a netbeans-related problem.

I attached the cygcheck.out. I dont know what other kind of information
I should provide, so if there's anything you need, please let me know.

Thanks very much for the clear problem report.

We've had some similar reports before of problems with the mouse position reporting with Java applications, for e.g. [1], but I've never had a simple test case that has allowed me to reproduce it and investigate.

So, I'd be very interested to see your simple Java application which demonstrates the problem.

If you could also start the Xserver with the '-logverbose 3' option and attach your /var/log/XWin.0.log, that would be most helpful.

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-08/msg00060.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer