RE: Mouse offset when using java swing based gui applications

I've attached a small test case which shows the menu problems.

Compile and run with:

javac menus.java
java menus

My server configuration is Windows 7 x64, Cygwin/X X server version
1.7.3, with dual 1920x1200 monitors.  I ran the test case on Fedora 12
x86, using the latest released JRE 1.6u21.

The frame appears in one of two ways:

1. With the window frame off the screen top left - ie (0, 0) in the
content area is at (0, 0) on the display

Or

2. With the window frame showing, but as soon as I try to select a menu,
the windows shifts to the position in 1.

When the frame as off screen, (as in 1. above), the menus work fine; If
I move the window elsewhere on the screen, the menus can be opened but
you can't select any item.

This menu behaviour has been seen for all versions of JDK 1.6 as far as
I remember; it certainly happens with 1.6u3 and 1.6u4.

Hope this helps

Richard