Re: Slow response to keypresses in xorg-server-1.8.0-1

On 20/07/2010 00:00, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Il 19/07/2010 17.45, Simon Marlow ha scritto:
On 19/07/2010 15:51, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Simon Marlow wrote:

I use the VirtuaWin virtual-desktop tool, and found that often when
switching to a desktop with XWin windows on it, the windows would
remain blank until I right-clicked on the XWin icon in the tray, when
they would refresh.

Strange. It is more than an year I use VirtuaWin (now 4.2) without problems with X, and I use the not-patched XWin.exe, i.e. that from original 1.8.0-1 package.

Perhaps you have a BLODA[*]?

I have MS Forefront client security, configured to omit the Cygwin directories, but I really doubt that's the problem.

Have you tried without it (uninstalled)?

No, and I can't on this machine (local security policy).

I did try using different hiding methods for XWin
windows in VirtuaWin, but didn't find anything that worked.

VirtuaWin comes in two 'flavors': *with* and *without* unicode support. Which are you using? Have you tried the other?

That seems like a long shot to me. Do you have reason to believe it would make any difference?

Cheers,
	Simon