Re: Slow response to keypresses in xorg-server-1.8.0-1

On 07/08/2010 16:39, Reini Urban wrote:
2010/8/5 Laurent Montaron<lpm@pobox.com>:
  The workaround in XWin.20100630-git-bc2f74e105146c36.exe definitely fixes
the problem. I have been running with it for two days now. Did anyone find
out if root cause is a bug in /dev/windows implementation or something else?

It just smells like so, because my perl-tk patches to use /dev/windows as messageloop fail, while the windows loop works fine.

That's interesting.

Hmmm, looking again at the implementation of select(), I don't immediately see that when waiting on /dev/windows, it checks that the message queue has old messages on it before waiting. The MSDN documentation for MsgWaitForMultipleObjects() seems to says that messages which had arrived before the last PeekMessage() etc. aren't considered new and so don't end the wait? But I could easily be missing something...