Re: Unable to install X on 64-bit Windows 7 Premium

On 8/10/2010 8:12 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:

gcc4-core.sh exit code 126

This one is already reported at [1], and the workaround given there,i.e. ....

Thanks for your reply. I had seen that report, but was dismayed to see that the poster had received no response to his questions about whether the workaround really solved the problem or had just suppressed a symptom, leaving his system in a state which was causing subsequent installation actions (and other programs) to fail.

Hmm... it seems that the output from these failing commands is only captured in setup.log.full, not setup.log, so I think that messagebox needs fixing.

You can look there, or run these scripts manually (they can be found in /etc/postinstall) and post the errors reported by those scripts so we can fix the problems.

I will (may take a few days, as we're about to take our daughter down to college). Thanks again.

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com