RE: X Server no longer launches urxvtc-X

More data points:
Both 'rxvt' and 'urxvt' work from my .XWinrc, except that I get the '/bin/find: failed to restore initial working directory: No such file or directory' message.
But 'urxvtc' does not.
My .XWinrc entries are:
    rxvt    exec    "rxvt   -fg green -bg black    -cr dodgerblue -g 80x40"
    urxvt   exec    "urxvt  -fg white -bg darkblue -cr dodgerblue -g 80x42 -e /bin/bash -l -i"
    urxvtc  exec    "urxvtc -fg white -bg darkblue -cr dodgerblue -g 80x42 -e /bin/bash -l -i"

however, within windows created using either rxvt or urxvt I can then execute urxvtc commands successfully.
Thus the daemon is running, here is ps output:
	jgoldman    5068       1   ?    Aug 20 /usr/bin/XWin
	jgoldman    8156       1 con    Aug 20 /usr/bin/urxvtd-X

So, there seems to be some issue with running 'urxvtc' or urxvtc's ability to contact the daemon from within the XWindows server. Is there any logging that I can enable?