Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.9.2-1

On 11/8/2010 6:48 AM, Fergus wrote:
PS It kills me not to copy this to cygwin at cygwin dot com which I feel will
have a much wider readership and skill set amongst that readership, but
anybody sinning in this regard is always referred straight to Cygwin-X.

Because this is where those interested in Cygwin-X will be "hanging out" and looking for answers. For issues that are clearly X-related (or suspected to be so), it makes sense to query the list that supports that functionality, even if the readership is smaller than the main list. From the perspective of those with a problem, I would think there would be a preference for quality (of responses from this list) vs quantity (of eyes on some other list). And I'm sure those on the main list who aren't interested in X issues much prefer the lack of X traffic (and vice-versa). If you look in the email archives for discussions about merging the lists, you'll see these two points were well represented in the feedback, if my memory serves.

Holliston, MA 01746