Re: Updated: xorg-server-1.9.2-1

>> Fatal server error:
>> Can't read lock file /tmp/.X0-lock

> Does /tmp/.X0-lock exists? Is it readable by you?

Yes.

> Are you sure /tmp is getting mounted successfully
> where you expect it to be?

Yes.

> Have you tried '-nolock', as suggested by [1]

I hadn't then.
But I have now and as a consequence everything is working perfectly.
Thank you.

(Over time I have occasionally had to moderate the syntax of both "XWin" and "xterm" command lines to go from working to failing and back again to working. This is just another example. On an earlier occasion, the recommended use of -nolock failed. I am just happy when the current usage works. Thanks again.)

Fergus