Re: clipboard integration doesn't work

On 06/02/2011 21:49, Paul Maier wrote:
> I have problems with my clipboard integration.
>
> When I select something in X, the Windows clipboard gets cleared,
> so there is some interaction between X' and Windows' clipboards.
> But no data is transferred from X to Windows or vice versa.
>
> I am running cygwin-1.7.7-1 (downloaded 2010-11-02) on a Windows XP SP 3.
> I am starting X with:
> /bin/startxwin -- /bin/XWin -emulate3buttons 100
>
> I also tried to add an explicit -clipboard parameter, but that doesn't
> change anything.
> (According to the man page of XWin, -clipboard is set by default.)

This is correct.

> Does anybody have an advice?

Problems like this are occasionally reported, but I've never been able to
reproduce them.

Can you give a detailed set of reproduction steps e.g. what application are
your cutting from, pasting to?

Can you start your XWin with the additional option '-logverbose 3', and attach
the XWin.0.log generated when you reproduce the problem?

Are you running any Windows programs which continuously monitor the clipboard
like 'Clipbook Viewer', VNC client, etc.?

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer