1.11.2.0: Avoid dialogs to pop up in the center of a two-monitor setup

I use XWin to start remote applications (debian server) on a dual-headed Windows desktop environment.
The login is done using putty with X forwarding enabled, as the server does not provide Xdmcp, the reason for which is out of scope here.

When I start netbeans (for instance) the scplash screen and all dialogs are centered on the display :0 which is of size 3840x1080 because of the two monitors of having 1920x1080 px each. That is, the dialog is split by the monitor borders, which is very annoying.

After some investigation I read about the xinerama extension, which should solve this problem.
So I tried to start XWin this way:

XWin +xinerama -screen 0 @1 -rootless -screen 1 @2 -rootless

With this configuration the Server is able to place the dialogs correctly, that is, in the center of a monitor (not the whole workspace) - thanks to xinerama. But I don't have a Window manager that's decorating the windows! OK, I can start a window manager on the server side - that works for sure - but what if I minimize a window? For the windows aren't managed by the Window's window manager, they are not displayed at the task bar. So I have to start a panel on the server side as well (gnome panel for instance).

I would prefer to use the xwinwm locally (by running DISPLAY=:0.0 xwinwm in a second bash), but this doesn't work. Xwinwm tells me:

Xlib:  extension "Windows-WM" missing on display ":0.0".
BScreen::BScreen: managing screen 0 using visual 0x21, depth 24
Xlib:  extension "Windows-WM" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Windows-WM" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Windows-WM" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Windows-WM" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Windows-WM" missing on display ":0.0".
void* BlackboxWindow::getHWnd(void) - XGetWindowProperty failed. 0 0 0 0 0

and the decoration is not painted.

I tried different things:

XWin +xinerama -multiwindow -screen 0 @1 -screen 1 @2

ends up with all remote applications displayed *twice* - one time with borders, the other one without!

Is there a solution to this? Did anyone have the same problems?

Thanks,  Alexander.