mouse clicks no longer responsive

Hello,

I'm using cygwin 1.7.9 and xorg-x11-bin 7.4-1 on Windows XP. I "ssh -Y" over to a Fedora 16 machine and run "gnome-terminal" from there with multiple windows and tabs, plus gedit, etc.

all works for a while, but eventually mouse clicks no longer register -- I can't highlight text, click on different terminal tabs, etc. Keyboard shortcuts still work though.

I have another server running Fedora 14, and do no have this problem.

I'm not sure which lib in Fedora 16 is possibly linked to this, but here's the package version list:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Technical_Notes/index.html

Is there a known issue with a lib used in Fedora 16? Is there a settings I can tweak on either the X client or the server to get around this problem?

Thanks,
Dan